I`ve tried almost all whois online modules from JED. What I want to say about them? From Joomla 3.4.7 they can`t work properly, because of new Joomla session.php file. Joomla does not write session.browser userstring in mysql _session table anymore. So I decided to write my own module. Maybe it will be usefull for other Joomla users, have a look on how WhoIsWho Online module for Joomla 3 works and which features has.
1. WhoIsWho Online module features
1. Module can show online users names and how many sessions each user has opened. For example, if you login in your account from different browsers or devices - it will show your name ones and how many sessions you use (if your turn on this feature)
2. Module detects online bots and how many sessions each bot opened. If your set critical session count, the bot will be shown red in list. Module uses own bots` signature base, now it knows abount 100 popular bots.
3. Module shows how many guests online on your site. Super Users can see guests userstrings in module for future bot detection.
4. You can show a classic mode like "You have 2 users, 23 robots and 1 guest online" or simply list, or both.
5. User, bot or guest is set as active for 15 minutes from last action on your site.
2. WhoIsWho Online module package
Module has 3 parts - module that shows online data in frontend named as mod_whoiswho_online and 2 plugins. One of them is system plugin - WhoIsWho. It detects and does all work. Another plugin is WhoIsWhoUser. It`s a simple cron that updates module data after user is loged off. After installation module creates 2 tables in mysql. Works on Joomla 3.
3. WhoIsWho Online module installation
Mame your site backup! Always do backups before installing new extension! Then Install module WhoIsWho Online as usual Joomla 3 extension. After the installation go to plugin manager and turn on 2 plugins: WhoIsWho and WhoIsWho User.
Then create a module with type WhoIsWho and configure it.
4. WhoIsWho Online module configuration
Turn features which you want to see. You can see working module demo on main page of my blog.
5. WhoIsWho Online module uninstallation
First of all - turn off both plugins WhoIsWho and WhoIsWhoUser. Then turn off module. After uninstall package through extension manager. This will delete module completely with all mysql tables.